Friday, February 20, 2009

Life After facebook - Living Authentically

After my last post I started to ask myself some questions. How do I connect authentically? What allows me to disconnect? How can I be more intentional in relationships with people, not their profiles? So, I deleted facebook.

Yes, drastic, I know. I went through some initial withdrawal which I then appeased by starting up my Twitter account again. So come twitter with me - CassandraLeighW. Or, not, it's ok. But the big thing for this blog is announcing the FREEDOM I have this week! It's freeing to not worry about what they said to them or what party I'm going to be invited to but decline cuz I don't really like that group. I am off the radar and have enjoyed it! I'm no longer inundated with stories of others relationships, kids, work stress via their facebook status or notes. I don't know 25 things about 200 people whom I can't think of one single memory I've made with them in person. It's wonderful. And yet, there are some residual fears that those who connect with me ONLY through facebook will somehow forget I exist. But maybe that's ok. Or maybe they'll follow my Twitter.

No comments: