Friday, September 22, 2006

Life-what a trip!

I always think I want to go somewhere cool for my honeymoon. As any of you out there who know me and are reading this, you know this is nowhere near happening anytime soon. But when I think about why I want to go somewhere cool on my honeymoon, I am struck by the fact that this life I lead right here right now is a already a trip. I may call this "reality", but reality happens everywhere we go. We cannot escape it. So why not make this my honeymoon? Despite obviously not having a honey for my honeymoon, I think I can still choose to experience life as if it were. Look at things with new awe and wonder, relish cozing up in my bed (sweet new duvet TOTALLY makes this possible), chill out talking while sipping a drink, etc. All the warm cozy feelings I envision being a part of that honeymoon can be found here with my friends and in my own home. If only I would choose to quit looking at my life as just reality and start seeing it for the beautiful miracle it is. And to be truthful, I do have a heavenly Honey walking with me as I live out this honeymoon. And wow! What a God He is!! So-here's to honeymooning in reality. I wonder if I can somehow rig room service?

No comments: